Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday everyone!

      I wanted to quickly follow up with a couple more photos of my holiday front door decor before I pack everything up and store it away for yet another year.  Here is a close up photo of the large resin Santa that I had painted and then arranged in my large 24 inch evergreen wreath.

     It was years ago that I purchased the large blank chocolate brown resin Santa face.  I knew it the moment I saw it that it HAD to be mine.  I love the design of the ribbon flowing beneath Santa's beard.  Happy Holidays says it all to my holiday guests when they approach my front porch.

     He was so much fun to paint.  I painted him with layers of FolkArt Acrylics to achieve "just the right" hues.  When it was as I wanted it, I sealed the artwork and then antiqued him with a wash of dark brown antiquing glaze.  I think the antiquing brings out the richness of the design, don't you?

    And here is one last look of the front door with both the Santa wreath hanging on my front door and the five foot wooden Santa!  Enjoy.... because they will be packed away tomorrow until the Christmas holiday season for 2011!

     I guess I now need to begin thinking about how I will decorate my front door.  Perhaps I can think of something for Valentines?  Don't worry, I will share once I know what it is!

     Until another day  . . . .be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment